[lopsa-tech] Linux AD integration, net ADS add group question
Stephen Potter
2017-01-10 02:24:37 UTC
I'm working on integrating our Linux environment with our AD
environment, following the Red Hat guide. Within AD, we have created a
OU specifically for our Unix environment (let's just call it
corp.local/Integration/Unix), within which we have created "Security
Groups" and "Servers". As each server is joined, we create the Computer
object within corp.local/Integration/Unix/Servers and we want to create
a security group called G_$HOST_Users where all the users who should
have access to that server will go.

We created a service account svc_unixauth which has full control rights
for computer objects in Servers and has full control rights for groups
within Security Groups. I perform a kinit svc_unixauth, then 'net ads
join creatcomputer="Integrations/Unix/Servers"' which creates the
computer object in the proper OU. I then am trying 'net ads group add
"Integrations/Unix/Security Groups/G_${HOSTNAME}_Users"', but get an
error about not having appropriate rights to create the group. Can
someone tell me if I'm doing this incorrectly or if I should be doing
something else. I've tried using "-U svc_unixauth" and providing the
password, just to ensure it is using the proper credentials. Once I get
the group created (add a default group of users added to it), then I'll
switch to a host-based keytab for ongoing authentication.

Thanks,

-spp
http://lopsa.org/
---
Bryce T Pier
2017-01-10 02:35:14 UTC
The easy way to go is to just use sssd and the "realm" command in RHEL7. For RHEL6 you will want the adcli package from epel.
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/b64534c4-c410-e6ae-2a0e-b4e1d0459168%40unixsa.net.
--
Bryce T. Pier
Sent from my phone. Please excuse any strangely autocorrected words.