[lopsa-tech] Anyone else receive a "UN" email via lopsa-tech?
Jennine Townsend
2017-01-11 16:21:55 UTC
I received an email claiming to be
"Invitation: UN|DESA World Summit on Sustainable Development
14th - 17th March 2017 @ London, United Kingdom." for NGOs,
which appeared to have come via lopsa-tech. If anyone is
thinking about filling out the application, I would be cautious;
I don't see mention of such a conference on the relevant site,
and I found this warning about a prior iteration:
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68484
--
Jennine
http://lopsa.org/
Robert Hajime Lanning
2017-01-11 16:36:23 UTC
The domain name it had is owned by someone in Nigeria and the From: was a gmail.com account.

I wouldn't touch it.
Post by Jennine Townsend
I received an email claiming to be
"Invitation: UN|DESA World Summit on Sustainable Development
which appeared to have come via lopsa-tech. If anyone is
thinking about filling out the application, I would be cautious;
I don't see mention of such a conference on the relevant site,
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68484
--
Mr. Flibble
King of the Potato People
Edward Ned Harvey (lopser)
2017-01-12 00:11:07 UTC
I thought about replying to the list, saying something like "Oh my god, you guys, the UN wants us to participate at their summit! What an honor! Where do I send my money?" and then I decided, "Naw, everyone obviously knows it's spam, and moderators will do whatever they can. Mind the SNR." And decided to just ignore it. ;-)
"Invitation: UN|DESA World Summit on Sustainable Development 14th - 17th
come via lopsa-tech. If anyone is thinking about filling out the application, I
would be cautious; I don't see mention of such a conference on the relevant
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=68484
--
Jennine
http://lopsa.org/