[lopsa-tech] VOIP recommendations
Dan Ritter
2018-02-21 20:09:51 UTC
We're moderately unhappy with our existing VOIP provider, and if
you go by websites, you'll discover that everyone has 100% call
completion, 0 outages per year and their children are all above
average.

Would anyone like to recommend a VOIP company? We are
comfortable running our own Asterisk PBX or outsourcing
everything except our existing Polycom SIP phones.

-dsr-
---
John Kennedy
2018-02-21 20:55:56 UTC
Dan,
It would help to know what country you are in.
John

John Kennedy (_8(|)

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't - Pedro Catacora

The Dunning-Kruger effect occurs when incompetent people not only fail to
realize their incompetence, but consider themselves much more competent
than everyone else. Basically - they're too stupid to know that they're
stupid.
Post by Dan Ritter
We're moderately unhappy with our existing VOIP provider, and if
you go by websites, you'll discover that everyone has 100% call
completion, 0 outages per year and their children are all above
average.
Would anyone like to recommend a VOIP company? We are
comfortable running our own Asterisk PBX or outsourcing
everything except our existing Polycom SIP phones.
-dsr-
---
lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/20180221200951.mxqoi6p4o4focyb4%40randomstring.org.
---
Dan Ritter
2018-02-21 21:14:26 UTC
Post by John Kennedy
Dan,
It would help to know what country you are in.
Oh, right. USA. No particular preference for companies located
closer to our headquarters in glorious Cambridge, MA.

-dsr-
---
John Kennedy

Matthew Butch
2018-02-21 21:19:17 UTC
I’ve used voip.ms in the past with pretty good luck.

--

Matthew Butch

"fiat justicia ruat colelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens may fall)

Sent with Mac OS X Sierra Mail 10.3 (3273)
Doug Hughes
2018-02-21 21:29:31 UTC
I've been using FlowRoute sip trunk for about a year now and it has been
very good. I have no complaints. They do E911 but not FAX over VOIP (if
that matters to you). The number of simultaneous calls isn't really
constrained. You can either pay by the minute (which we do to keep costs
extremely low) or you can have unlimited calling on a per-line basis.

I assume that's what you are after since you said you are fine running
Asterisk by yourself. We're using AsteriskNow which is just like most of
the options including a few extra bundles with FreePBX functionality,
but functionally it's Asterisk except you don't need to use the CLI for
anything. We got the sangoma Endpoint Manager paid feature to support
phone provisioning.
Post by Dan Ritter
Post by Dan Ritter
We're moderately unhappy with our existing VOIP provider, and if
you go by websites, you'll discover that everyone has 100% call
completion, 0 outages per year and their children are all above
average.
Would anyone like to recommend a VOIP company? We are
comfortable running our own Asterisk PBX or outsourcing
everything except our existing Polycom SIP phones.
-dsr-
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/20180221200951.mxqoi6p4o4focyb4%40randomstring.org.
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/8551A8CA-6C42-4703-A5CA-C763A10331CE%40me.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/8551A8CA-6C42-4703-A5CA-C763A10331CE%40me.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
---
D Lepiane
2018-02-22 20:13:48 UTC
+1 for voip.ms. We only used as overflow for PRI (cringe) so not a lot of
calls but some.

We used ClearlyCore for both our on-prem system for HQ and also our cloud
hosted system covering our Europe satellite offices, SIP trunk between them
for internal calls all that fun stuff. We've kept our polycom handsets when
Clearly did our PBX install.

If it helps this is the SIP server list I see right now in voip.ms (we use
seattle)

*SIP:*
Atlanta, GA: atlanta.voip.ms
Atlanta 2, GA: atlanta2.voip.ms
Chicago, IL: chicago.voip.ms
Chicago 2, IL: chicago2.voip.ms
Chicago 3, IL: chicago3.voip.ms
Chicago 4, IL: chicago4.voip.ms
Dallas, TX: dallas.voip.ms
Dallas 2, TX: dallas2.voip.ms
Denver, CO: denver.voip.ms
Denver 2, CO: denver2.voip.ms
Houston, TX: houston.voip.ms
Houston 2, TX: houston2.voip.ms
Los Angeles, CA: losangeles.voip.ms
Los Angeles 2, CA: losangeles2.voip.ms
New York, NY: newyork.voip.ms
New York 2, NY: newyork2.voip.ms
New York 3, NY: newyork3.voip.ms
New York 4, NY: newyork4.voip.ms
New York 5, NY: newyork5.voip.ms
New York 6, NY: newyork6.voip.ms
New York 7, NY: newyork7.voip.ms
New York 8, NY: newyork8.voip.ms
San Jose, CA: sanjose.voip.ms
San Jose 2, CA: sanjose2.voip.ms
Seattle, WA: seattle.voip.ms
Seattle 2, WA: seattle2.voip.ms
Seattle 3, WA: seattle3.voip.ms
Tampa, FL: tampa.voip.ms
Tampa 2, FL: tampa2.voip.ms
Washington, DC: washington.voip.ms
Washington 2, DC: washington2.voip.ms
Montreal,QC: montreal.voip.ms
Montreal 2,QC: montreal2.voip.ms
Montreal 3,QC: montreal3.voip.ms
Montreal 4,QC: montreal4.voip.ms
Montreal 5,QC: montreal5.voip.ms
Montreal 6,QC: montreal6.voip.ms
Montreal 7,QC: montreal7.voip.ms
Montreal 8,QC: montreal8.voip.ms
Toronto, ON: toronto.voip.ms
Toronto 2, ON: toronto2.voip.ms
Toronto 3, ON: toronto3.voip.ms
Toronto 4, ON: toronto4.voip.ms
Toronto 5, ON: toronto5.voip.ms
Toronto 6, ON: toronto6.voip.ms
Toronto 7, ON: toronto7.voip.ms
Toronto 8, ON: toronto8.voip.ms
Vancouver, BC: vancouver.voip.ms
Vancouver 2, BC: vancouver2.voip.ms
Amsterdam, NL: amsterdam.voip.ms
London, UK: london.voip.ms
Melbourne, AU: melbourne.voip.ms
Paris, FR: paris.voip.ms
Post by Matthew Butch
I’ve used voip.ms in the past with pretty good luck.
--
Matthew Butch
"fiat justicia ruat colelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens may fall)
Sent with Mac OS X Sierra Mail 10.3 (3273)
We're moderately unhappy with our existing VOIP provider, and if
you go by websites, you'll discover that everyone has 100% call
completion, 0 outages per year and their children are all above
average.
Would anyone like to recommend a VOIP company? We are
comfortable running our own Asterisk PBX or outsourcing
everything except our existing Polycom SIP phones.
-dsr-
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/20180221200951.mxqoi6p4o4focyb4%40randomstring.org
.
---
Jeremy Charles
2018-02-21 21:40:47 UTC
Twilio has been pretty solid for me.

Charles Smith
2018-02-21 21:57:51 UTC
ShoreTel has been solid for us.

External Mail. Careful of links / attachments. Submit Helpdesk if unsure.

We're moderately unhappy with our existing VOIP provider, and if you go by websites, you'll discover that everyone has 100% call completion, 0 outages per year and their children are all above average.

Would anyone like to recommend a VOIP company? We are comfortable running our own Asterisk PBX or outsourcing everything except our existing Polycom SIP phones.

-dsr-

--
This list provided by the League of Professional System Administrators http://lopsa.org/
---