[lopsa-tech] Pagerduty alternatives for 1 user
Morgan Blackthorne
2018-11-03 14:55:08 UTC
I like PagerDuty but it doesn't really seem like they have a reasonable 1
user price. Any alternatives that do?
---
Mike Robinson
2018-11-03 15:01:28 UTC
Gmail account? Use rules to forward to an SMS address or your actual email or ticketing system.

Most of pagerduty is build around teams and escalations, what are the features you want?

m.
2018-11-03 15:22:19 UTC
I’m completely unfamiliar with PagerDuty, I’ve just scanned the homepage to look at some features and screenshots to see what it (maybe) offers.

This may be completely the right answer to a different question, but we’ve very successfully deployed several Zabbix installations for more than just infrastructure monitoring; which provides escalation and basic incident management out of the box.

Our DBAs and 3rd line application teams get alerts relating even to application data anomalies (broken customer accounts etc) via custom integrations with it - Zabbix forwards alerts into various 3rd party ticketing systems and email/sms (with escalations on breached SLOs).

Acknowledgements from any team member gets broadcasted and audits who did what, in real-time. Our compliance team follow up with a periodic review for anything we missed or handled wrongly (for the various regulatory bodies we’re subject to).
Ian Dotson
2018-11-03 15:51:23 UTC
We use Opsgenie. We aren't using the free tier so I can't speak to that
specifically, but they do have one: https://www.opsgenie.com/pricing
Post by Morgan Blackthorne
I like PagerDuty but it doesn't really seem like they have a reasonable 1
user price. Any alternatives that do?
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
---
Derek Murawsky
2018-11-03 19:05:11 UTC
Opsgenie is great and fairly priced. IT also integrates easily with many
different systems.
Post by Morgan Blackthorne
I like PagerDuty but it doesn't really seem like they have a reasonable 1
user price. Any alternatives that do?
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CALandh1pP%2BGLogXHRaZAjvqqhVv2m%2BtziAufBf3ntmCnENNiVg%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CALandh1pP%2BGLogXHRaZAjvqqhVv2m%2BtziAufBf3ntmCnENNiVg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
.
---
Morgan Blackthorne
2018-11-03 20:12:54 UTC
The specific feature that I'm looking to leverage is the alerting via the
app that can ignore do not disturb and volume settings. When on vacation I
set my phone and tablet to do not disturb. But I still want alerts to go
off, and loudly.
Post by Ian Dotson
We use Opsgenie. We aren't using the free tier so I can't speak to that
specifically, but they do have one: https://www.opsgenie.com/pricing
Starchy Grant
2018-11-03 20:18:04 UTC
This can be done with aNag on recent versions of Android. It's compatible
with Icinga, Opsview, and a few other monitoring platforms.
Post by Morgan Blackthorne
I like PagerDuty but it doesn't really seem like they have a reasonable
1 user price. Any alternatives that do?
---
https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com
<https://groups.google.com/a/lopsa.org/d/msgid/tech/CACYCm5C35d6M%3Dtd50YcL3k29b1%2BkeJPUSLQ8%3D9Cy34M0pjvfSw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>